Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Internet Easter Eggs

So I was sitting here this Saturday morning reading through my usual round of Internets, trying to decided what to blog about today - Twitter suing spammers? Google's goggles? Facebook relationships causing a gunfight? - but then I decided, hey, it's a holiday. Some of you are celebrating Easter and some of you aren't, but either way I hope you have a good weekend. And to help you in that endeavor, here are several worthwhile Easter eggs I found in my daily hunt of the Internet:


Texts from Dog - the tagline for this new Tumblr currently making its designated Internet rounds via ridiculous numbers of shares on various social media sites, as well as articles in places like Mashable, is "my dog sends me texts. i post them here. Yeah. it's weird." The OP is from the UK, and the characterizations of Dog are hilarious and spot-on. Warning: language alert.


13 Awful Easter Bunny Family Photos - Pretty much confirming the sheer terror a child feels when confronted with an enormous rabbit costume. Although to be fair, it's not just little kids. I found some of these pretty horrifying as well.

14 Wonderfully Geeky Easter Eggs - Hopefully this makes up for the previous link. Some fantastically decorated eggs to inspire the crafty ones among you this weekend. (Note to the Internet at large: See the Battlestar Galactegga and Alice in Wonderland portraits? Your assignment: Buffy and Firefly.)



Bonus round: Do yourself a favor and Google this 1.2+(sqrt(1-(sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2) + 1 - x^2-y^2) * (sin (10000 * (x*3+y/5+7))+1/4) from -1.6 to 1.6 in a browser that isn't Internet Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment